Steampunk Huntress Mask, Part 2

I didn’t get pictures of all my steps, but here’s what I did in a nutshell to the right part of the mask:

Heat Forming – I heated and formed the parts to a slightly curved shape to fit the face better and represent what’s in the original art. Then, I heat formed “wrinkles” into the wings to give them depth.

Assembly – I assembled the parts with a good strong glue, and then filled gaps and sanded edges to make everything fit nicely.

Paint – I started with several coats of high metallic bronze acrylic paint. Then, I blackwashed it lightly. Then I washed it in a really dark bronze. Then, I blackwashed it again and daubed it for texture. Here’s what came out, and I really hope the customer likes the paint scheme.

IMG_1543

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *